We use Ansible at Waulter to automate our infrastructure. We also host our servers on Azure and use IIS on Windows as our application/web server. Unfortunately, there was no support for IIS in Ansible out of the box.
So, during my Christmas vacation I decided to fix that by writing modules to manage IIS
application pools and
They are now part of Ansible and can be found in the module index:
- win_iis_website - Configures a IIS Web site
- win_iis_webapplication - Configures IIS web applications
- win_iis_webapppool - configures an IIS Web Application Pool
- win_iis_webbinding - Configures a IIS Web site
- win_iis_virtualdirectory - Configures a virtual directory in IIS
They are more or less wrappers around the Web Server (IIS) Administration Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell.